Semester 1 Reflection

Part 1:

     The quality of my work has gotten better since the beginning of the year. I've better understood how to focus the image with my camera and utilize my surroundings. By using my surroundings and understanding that the background and lighting make a big impact, the picture quality and its composition is much improved compared to poor lighting and use of background. The quality of my actual subject matter has had its ups and downs throughout the year. I think I really did well selecting my subject matter for my blue project and especially my tryptic project, even though there was some controversy over the content of the tryptic project. For every assignment, I have fulfilled the assignment to the best of my abilities. I always take into consider the objective of the assignment and try to something different compared to the other assignments. When working on these projects I always check to make sure I have the proper format and resolution for all of my assignments. Completing and turning in my work on time is never an issue for me, but going beyond my first idea and thinking outside the box challenges me sometimes.

     I do admit I am not always actively taking photos all the time and I do procrastinate when it comes to actually taking pictures for assignments. But when I do bring myself to take pictures I think I do a good job of looking for an object in a good environment with good lighting and background. Even if it means taking a little extra time to find the perfect lighting and background context. I have to say photography is not my priority class during the day, but I will still commit to trying my hardness and turning in my best work. Sometimes I will avoid photographic ideas that I may perceive as difficult or a lot of work. But I think I do this sometimes because I am not completely sure what I'm doing on photoshop, or I just don't know how to create the idea I have in my mind. If I'm doing a shooting assignment and a shot is hard to get, I don't automatically give up. I continue to try to find the right angles and positions to capture the image how I want it. In doing assignments I do not like to take big time consuming risks. But that doesn't mean I won't be creative with the project and take extra time to make my project look great. I always have a positive attitude towards my fellow classmates' work even if I think it's not a really strong piece of work. If I think there's things they could fix or change I will give them positive feedback and my opinion.

     For the most part I'm participate in class, sometimes I don't always give feedback on others' work when we all look at projects. But I'm always to class on time and work throughout the block. I always work independently, but do like opinions from my friends about my project. For the most part I stay on task and use my time wisely. But I could of course do a better job with using my time wisely.

   
     I could definitely improve upon photoshop skills. Sometimes my projects look super photoshopped and fake, which is not my goal when doing a project. I think continuing to practice will help my photoshop abilities and overall make my projects better. I could also improve my technical photography skills and improve my compositions. I think I can always improve on my subject matter for projects. The amount of confidence in my projects can always continue to improve as well.

     In the second semester I'm going to do a better job thinking outside the box and not using my first idea for a project. I will also better take into consider the background of my subject matter, and focus more on the quality and lighting of the actual picture. When using photoshop, my goal is to make my projects look as surreal as they can be, and not look completely photoshopped. I will also aim to do a better job giving effort for every project.

Part 2

    I want to do learn to photoshop and create more animated pictures. I feel we haven't really addressed this area of photoshop, and I feel it could be a lot of fun. A project that I believe would be fun is taking an ordinary object like a water bottle, person, or any object and turn it into an animated object. In this project we can also create an animated background that fits the theme of the animated object.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Response 2 Gottfried Helnwein

Letter to the Past